It's important to note that there are TWO parts to using the Freeze & Ship:
1. Your Milk Stork order for the empty Pump & Ship cooler, which you will pack with breast milk before your trip.
2. Your actual milk shipment, tendered to FedEx for delivery.
Receiving Your Milk Stork Order:
- Our warehouse will ship for your order to arrive on or before your Required Delivery Date.
- If applicable, inform your hotel/destination of your Milk Stork order so they will accept it on your behalf.
Packing Your Cooler:
- Packing instructions can be found here.
- Milk Stork Freeze coolers do not have an activation button. Our coolers work with high-performance vacuum insulated panels that will maintain the frozen temperature for up to 96 hours.
- Milk should already be frozen before packing in the cooler. We recommend freezing upright for maximum use of cooler space. Zip-top bags are recommended for maximum space.
Shipping Your Milk Home:
- We recommend shipping frozen milk Monday- Wednesday to avoid any potential weekend delivery limitations.
- FedEx pick-up for your shipment of milk must be coordinated directly by you. FedEx-approved shipping locations and their last cut-off times can be found here. Whenever possible, it is highly recommended to use an actual FedEx office rather than an onsite location. If you need assistance in scheduling a pick-up Monday-Friday, please contact Milk Stork Customer Care. Please note, we need at least 24 hours of notice to schedule a pick-up.
- If you are staying at a hotel and wish to have them help you coordinate your outbound shipment of milk be sure to confirm they handle FedEx Express shipments, what time pick up occurs, and who the package needs to be left with for pick up.
- Once your shipment has been tendered to FedEx, you will receive an email notification indicating it is in FedEx's possession. If you do not receive the tracking email, it means the package has not been successfully tendered. If you left your cooler at a hotel to be picked up, please contact your hotel to confirm that they still have the package. If your hotel is unable to assist, please contact our Customer Care team immediately by clicking here.
- FedEx does not pick up or deliver on Sunday. Shipments tendered on Saturday will deliver Monday. Shipments tendered to FedEx on a Sunday will deliver Tuesday. Please note, addresses in Hawaii, Alaska, and rural locations may not allow for Saturday delivery and may experience longer transit times. Weather can adversely affect scheduled delivery estimates. Milk Stork cannot control these interruptions.
- All FedEx Priority Overnight labels for your shipments will indicate "Saturday" above the words Priority Overnight. These labels provide next-day delivery Monday - Friday, as well as ensure that packages shipped on Friday will arrive on Saturday.
- A signature is not required for your milk shipment home, however, if the FedEx driver feels it is unsafe to leave the package, they will not leave it at your door. We recommend signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager.
- If possible, we recommend not shipping multiple coolers on the same day.
Please sign in to leave a comment.