by Milkify-Founder Dr. Berkley Luck is a soon-to-be mom
- Freeze-drying your breast milk can help you stockpile with greater ease, keeping you prepared for travel and emergencies, and easing the transition back into the workplace.
- The freeze-dried breast milk powder requires no refrigeration and has a three-year shelf-life.
- The Milkify service combines the nutritional benefits of breast milk with the convenience of powdered infant formula.
- Breast milk powder is packaged in flat, lightweight bags that are travel-friendly and TSA-safe.
- Milkify’s proprietary freeze-drying process is also contact-free. Each lactation bag of breast milk provided to Milkify is freeze-dried in-bag, therefore never coming into direct contact with the equipment, which greatly reduces the risk of contamination.
- The powder from each lactation bag of frozen breast milk provided to Milkify is sealed in its own individual high barrier bag to protect the powder from oxygen, moisture, UV, and contamination during storage.
PLACING YOUR ORDER:
- Order a Stash Shipper by clicking here.
- Upon check out, a menu of add on options will pop up, add “Freeze Dry My Stash” and complete your purchase
- Within (1) business day of making your purchase, Milk Stork Customer Care will reach out to you to confirm the details of your order.
IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A MILK STORK STASH COOLER:
- You will need to purchase new labels to send your shipment to Milkify. Labels can be purchased in the Milk Stork MotherShop by clicking here.
- Once you have added the "Reuse My Stash" labels to your cart, you will then add "Freeze Dry My Stash" and complete the checkout.
AFTER YOUR ORDER IS PLACED:
Your empty Stash cooler will arrive to the destination address indicated with your order and will include a Priority Overnight label to send your Stash to Milkify. Once Milkify completes their process, they will send your freeze dried stash to you via FedEx. Transit is typically 3-4 business days.
PLEASE NOTE: Freeze Dry My Breast Milk is only available as an add on service with the purchase of the Milk Stork Stash Shipper. The freeze drying process takes 7 - 10 business days.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW:
Powdering is superior to freezing when it comes to preserving the milk's vital nutrients, immune factors, and probiotics.
How It Works: The freeze drying process works by a principle called sublimation, in which water is removed by going directly from a solid (ice) phase to a gas (vapor) phase. The result is a powder, which has all of the components of the breast milk without the water. Freeze drying technology is widely used in the food and medical industries as it is an excellent method for preserving a wide variety of heat-sensitive materials such as proteins, probiotics, and pharmaceuticals.
Safety: Freeze Dry My Milk follows comprehensive set of safety guidelines set forth by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and the HMBANA (Human Milk Banking Association of North America). Only highly trained personnel handle your milk in a sterile lab environment. We also use these additional quality control measures to ensure that you receive a safe product for your infant:
- In-bag processing: Your milk never comes into direct contact with our equipment. This, in addition to stringent sterilization protocols, prevent cross-contamination.
- Chemical and additive-free processing: Absolutely nothing is added to your milk during the freeze-drying process.
Milkify FAQ's can be found here.