Milk Stork's Mini Stash Shipper provides 96 hours of cooling capabilities for parents to easily ship their stash of frozen milk. The Stash Shipper is perfect for shipping your milk during a move or for shipping milk from a surrogate.
Milk Stork Mini Stash coolers do not arrive cold, or activated and they do not have an activation button. Our coolers work with high performance vacuum insulated panels that will maintain the frozen temperature for up to 96 hours, which begins once the milk is packed into the cooler.
Mini Stash Shipper is available in one size:
Up to 90oz
Exterior dimensions: 12” x 8” x 10”
- Shipping milk between Monday - Wednesday is encouraged to avoid weekend delivery delays
- Milk should already be frozen before packing in cooler. We recommend freezing flat for maximum use of cooler space
- Zip top milk storage bags are preferred for maximum use of cooler space, but not necessary. Using Willow bags will greatly decrease the amount of milk that can be packed into the cooler.
- Stash can hold up to 90oz, depending on the type of milk storage bags used and how the milk is frozen.
- All milk should be fully frozen when packed to get optimal temperature in cooler for shipping
- Pack milk into cooler just before transit
- Packing video can be found here.
- Place fully frozen milk into cooler, arranging bags as close together as possible
- Do not add any extra packing materials to the box
- Fill cooler, making sure lid can close completely and is flush with cooler (if lid is not closed completely, remove bags of milk until complete seal is achieved)
- Please note, frozen milk coolers will not have an activation button.
- Place lid over milk and tape box closed. Avoid opening cooler until it has reached its destination.
- Place all milk from cooler directly into freezer at the same time cooler lid has been opened
- The cooler temperature will start to warm once lid has been opened
- Milk may arrive in various forms of frozen, depending on location in the cooler and time from original destination
- Every person has different fat content in their milk, which itself ranges every hour, every day, so every bag has a different freeze point.
- You may notice milk arrives in various forms of frozen, even almost fully liquid. This does not make the milk unsuitable for feeding to your baby. Some breast milk may even have a grass, or soapy, smell or look to it. This is a natural byproduct of the breast milk composition, and does not mean the milk is unsafe to feed your baby. Breastmilk that is not safe to feed will smell distinctly sour and unpleasant, much like cow’s milk.
- If any bags are almost liquid, they can safely be returned to a freezer if any ice crystals remain in the bag, regardless of size or amount. The bags are not considered thawed unless the entire bag is in a full liquid state.
- If any bags are fully liquid, it is recommended to use them within 24 hours of cooler arrival at destination.
- Insulated sealed panels and cardboard linings need to stay intact for optimal temperature insulation. Keep lid off cooler when storing to keep panels dry, and mold free
- Cooler may be reused (as long as panels and cardboard are still intact) in event of power outage, temporary cold storage or repeat shipments
- Discard cooler into trash when no longer using
- If you would like to reuse your Mini Stash cooler, new labels can be purchased here.