How does Flexable’s backup child care differ from the backup care we currently offer at our office?
Unlike traditional backup care, which is usually either on-site, or in person, Flexable’s child care provides backup care that is 100% virtual, making it totally safe and on demand.
What is virtual child care?
Flexable’s virtual child care is safe, trustworthy, vetted and insured backup child care for whenever child care falls through. Flexable’s sessions are 30-60 minute, interactive and engaging video chat sessions are led by a trusted and vetted Virtual Host. Sessions are live and include a schedule of engaging content that keeps children (3 -10 yrs old) connecting and growing at home while providing parents a brief reprieve to focus on work or self-care.
What is a Virtual Host?
Virtual hosts are the heart and soul of Flexable. They create lessons that are engaging and enriching. They connect with kids, virtually, in a way where they feel seen and heard. Hosts also provide kids (many of whom are currently distance learning for school) with opportunities to socialize safely outside of their own family.
To see what Flexable’s sessions look like, click here.
What type of activities happen during Flexable’s Virtual child care?
For younger children, Flexable’s child care provides a circle time where little ones sit around a virtual carpet and connect. Circle time includes activities like show and tell and storytime.
For kids in the 6-10 year old range, Flexable provides a revolving, dynamic schedule of activities. These activities can range from movement, art, and easy snack making to math games and beginner novel reading.
How does Flexable ensure the safety of its experience and sessions?
Flexable conducts the following background checks for all hosts and employees:
- Nationwide Criminal SuperSearch – This is a 50 state check of criminal records, sex offenses, fugitive check, homeland security check and dui convictions (limited to certain states).
- Nationwide Sex Offender Registry Search – search of the National Sex Offender Registry, includes all 50 states and the District of Columbia
- OFAC/Global Terrorist Search – From the US Dept of Treasury and the Office of Foreign Assets Control, a list of all Specially Designated Nationals that per the US Patriot Act, we are not to do business with
- Social Security Trace Plus – returns all aliases used by a person, a 10 year address history and all Social Security Numbers associates with the applicant’s credit file.
- 7 – Year County/State Court Criminal Check – A search of criminal records in states and local jurisdictions where an applicant or employee lives and has resided in the past 7 years. Searches should include checks for felony and misdemeanor arrests and/or convictions.
What is Flexable’s coverage during the day?
Flexable’s virtual child care is available Monday through Friday from 8AM-8PM EST.
How do I schedule Flexable’s virtual child care?
Once you have completed your order on the MIlk Stork’s portal, you will be sent a confirmation email which includes a link that will enable you to sign up with Flexable and schedule your child care sessions.
Will I be billed for Flexable?
No. Your employer covers the full cost of Flexable’s virtual, group child care sessions that is ordered via the Milk Stork Portal.
I have a specific question about Flexable’s service, who should I contact?
For more information on Flexable, click here. If you have specific questions about Flexable’s sessions, hosts, content or virtual care, please email Flexable at email@example.com.