Milk Stork Order Information for USOPC & TEAM USA at the Tokyo Games
We are thrilled to be able to support, USOPC and Team USA pumping moms on their trips to the Tokyo Games.
For the Games, Milk Stork will be providing Team USA and USOPC with the International Stash Shipper and the International Stash Mover. For domestic trips, leading up to the games the Stash Shipper is also available.
These solutions hold up to 180 oz of frozen milk* and will keep milk frozen for 96 hours when packed to full capacity.
* If you are using Willow bags, capacity will be about 20-25% less.
What to order depends on where you are staying:
What to order will depend on your ability to access FedEx during your time in Japan.
ACCESSING FEDEX DURING THE GAMES
- If you are staying at a Hotel (outside the village): Most hotels are happy to assist guests with FedEx picks up.
Upon arrival, confirm with your hotel that they will be able to assist you with scheduling FedEx Express pick-ups (again, we strongly recommend shipping out on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays to avoid weekend delays)
- FedEx pick-up windows should be scheduled for NO LATER THAN 12pm-3pm local time.
- If your hotel is unable to assist you, there are several FedEx locations in the Tokyo area.
- ALWAYS CONFIRM WITH YOUR HOTEL CONTACT AND FEDEX TRACKING YOUR SHIPMENT HAS BEEN PICKED UP AND IS IN FEDEX’S CUSTODY. Tracking will indicate that the shipment was "Tendered to FedEx" < if you don't see this in tracking, FedEx does NOT have your package.
- If you are staying in the village:
- Regular pick-ups from the Hilton Tokyo Bay during the Games for Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. (There will be no pick-up on Monday, August 9 - which is a Japanese national holiday).
- You must then contact Sam Hubbard (Sam.email@example.com WhatsApp – 1-719-217-9759) the night before you intend to send out your shipment to coordinate the pick up in the Village.
- A courier will come to meet you in the Village, or your Milk Stork shipment can be dropped off at the Village Offices in Building 12.
- Milk Stork shipments will be collected promptly and brought back to the Hilton to be picked up by FedEx.
- IMPORTANT: CONFIRM THAT YOUR SHIPMENT IS IN FEDEX CUSTODY VIA FEDEX TRACKING. Tracking will indicate that the shipment was "Tendered to FedEx" < if you don't see this in tracking, FedEx does NOT have your package.
Important information about the International Stash Movers & Shippers:
- The International Stash Shipper:
- Capacity: 180 oz of frozen milk
- Outer dimensions: 12.3" x 11.5"x 11.7"
- Keeps milk frozen for 96 hours with no dry ice. The International Stash Shipper must be packed to capacity and milk must be frozen solid before packing in the cooler. We recommend freezing bags flat for the maximum capacity.
- The International Stash Shipper comes pre-labeled with a FedEx International Priority label. This label will be marked "ETD" - which means your commercial invoice is electronically uploaded within the label. No other documents are required. Once a FedEx employee scans this label, they will see all necessary documentation.
- Regardless of what is on the label, outbound shipments can be shipped from any location in Japan on any date.
- Shipping milk Monday, Tuesday, and Friday is strongly encouraged to avoid weekend delivery delays.
- FedEx International Priority to the U.S. may take up to 3 business days. International shipping comes with inherent risks - service disruptions, weather, and customs inspections can lead to increased transit times.
- A signature will be required for your delivery of milk back home. We recommend signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager to customize your delivery, manage delivery times and add a signature to your account.
- Milk Stork Stash coolers do not arrive cold, and do not need to be “activated”. Rather, our coolers work with high-performance vacuum insulated panels that will maintain the frozen temperature for up to 96 hours, which begins once the milk is packed into the cooler.
- The International Stash Mover:
- The International Stash Mover enables moms to bring their frozen milk home as checked luggage.
- The International Stash Mover is identical to the International Stash Shipper (above) but does not come with shipping labels.
- When checking the Stash Mover as luggage, please note:
- Airport security policies and restrictions for checking breast milk as luggage can vary from country to country, and these policies may be inconsistently or incorrectly enforced. The international cooler is not guaranteed to universally comply with every country’s policies and regulations for checking breast milk.
- It is important to verify the viability of using the International Stash Mover with regulations set forth by the countries, airports and/or airport security agencies on your itinerary.
- Your airline may charge a baggage fee for checked items.
Cooler Recycling Program
Milk Stork will be recycling your coolers used during the Games.
Please hold on to your Stash coolers and do not discard them. Following the games, we will send shipping labels to collect the coolers so that they can be recycled and kept out of landfill. Stay tuned!
If you have any questions about placing an order, please do not hesitate to contact us.