Milk Stork's Stash Shipper provides 96 hours of cooling capabilities for parents to easily ship their stash of frozen milk. The Stash Shipper includes a FedEx Express Priority Overnight label and is perfect for shipping your milk during a move or for shipping milk from a surrogate.
Milk Stork Stash coolers do not arrive cold, or activated and they do not have an activation button. Our coolers work with high performance vacuum insulated panels that will maintain the frozen temperature for up to 96 hours, which begins once the milk is packed into the cooler.
Stash Shipper is available in one size:
Up to 180oz
Outer dimensions: 12.3" x 11.5"x 11.7"
- Shipping milk between Monday - Wednesday is encouraged to avoid weekend delivery delays
- Milk should already be fully frozen before packing in cooler. We recommend freezing flat for maximum use of cooler space
- Zip top milk storage bags are preferred for maximum use of cooler space, but not necessary. Using Willow/Kiinde bags will greatly decrease the amount of milk that can be packed into the cooler.
- Stash can hold up to 180 oz, depending on the type of milk storage bags used and how the milk is frozen. The cooler must be packed to full capacity for the milk to stay frozen. If you did not have a full stash, you could fill the difference with frozen Ziplocs of water. It just needs to be packed to capacity in order for the milk to stay frozen.
- Packing video can be found here.You will need to provide your own packing tape.
Please note that Milk Stork does not automatically schedule pick ups for your coolers, however we are happy to assist you in scheduling one, if you need it. Please submit a request here with the day, location and time of your pick up (FedEx requires a 3 hour window and we usually recommend between 9AM-12PM). If you do not need a pick up scheduled you can drop off your coolers at any authorized FedEx location.
- Place all milk from cooler directly into freezer at the same time cooler lid has been opened
- The cooler temperature will start to warm once lid has been opened
- Milk may arrive in various forms of frozen, depending on location in the cooler and time from original destination
- Every person has different fat content in their milk, which itself ranges every hour, every day, so every bag has a different freeze point.
- You may notice milk arrives in various forms of frozen, even almost fully liquid. This does not make the milk unsuitable for feeding to your baby. Some breast milk may even have a grass, or soapy, smell or look to it. This is a natural byproduct of the breast milk composition, and does not mean the milk is unsafe to feed your baby. Breastmilk that is not safe to feed will smell distinctly sour and unpleasant, much like cow’s milk.
- If any bags are almost liquid, they can safely be returned to a freezer if any ice crystals remain in the bag, regardless of size or amount. The bags are not considered thawed unless the entire bag is in a full liquid state.
- If any bags are fully liquid, it is recommended to use them within 24 hours of cooler arrival at destination.
- Insulated sealed panels and cardboard linings need to stay intact for optimal temperature insulation. Keep lid off cooler when storing to keep panels dry, and mold free
- Cooler may be reused (as long as panels and cardboard are still intact) in event of power outage, temporary cold storage or repeat shipments
- Discard cooler into trash when no longer using
- If you would like to reuse your Stash cooler, new labels can be purchased here.