Milk Stork's Stash Shipper provides 96 hours of cooling capabilities for moms to easily ship their stash of frozen milk. Breast milk shipping destination must be to addresses within the U.S. International Priority shipping back to the U.S. may take up to 3 business days.
Milk Stork Stash coolers do not arrive cold, or activated and they do not have an activation button. Our coolers work with high performance vacuum insulated panels that will maintain the frozen temperature for up to 96 hours, which begins once the milk is packed into the cooler.
Stash Shipper is available in one size:
Up to 180oz
Outer dimensions: 12.3" x 11.5"x 11.7"
- Shipping milk between Monday - Wednesday is encouraged to avoid weekend delivery delays
- Milk should already be frozen before packing in cooler. We recommend freezing flat for maximum use of cooler space
- Zip top milk storage bags are preferred for maximum use of cooler space, but not necessary. Using Willow/Kiinde bags will greatly decrease the amount of milk that can be packed into the cooler.
- All milk should be fully frozen when packed to get optimal temperature in cooler for shipping
- Pack milk into cooler just before transit
- Please note, if your FedEx shipping label indicates ETD then the label is the only document needed to ship, no extra paperwork is required.
- Place fully frozen milk into cooler, arranging bags as close together as possible.
- Do not add any extra packing materials to the box
- Fill cooler, making sure lid can close completely and is flush with cooler (if lid is not closed completely, remove bags of milk until complete seal is achieved)
- Please note, frozen milk coolers will not have an activation button.
- Place lid over milk and tape box closed. Avoid opening cooler until it has reached its destination.
SHIPPING YOUR MILK HOME:
All Milk Stork international shipping coolers will come pre-labeled with a FedEx International Priority label. This label will be marked "ETD" - which means your commercial invoice is electronically uploaded within the label. NO OTHER DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED. Once a FedEx employee scans this label, they will see all necessary documentation. Even with proper documentation, the international shipping of breast milk comes with inherent risks. Service disruptions, weather and customs inspections may lead to increased transit times.
Please make sure you are familiar with the international shipping regulations that apply to the countries in your itinerary so that your breast milk makes it home safely and on time. If you opt to bring your breast milk home as checked luggage, we have provided a travel duffel and luggage tag.
International Priority shipping back to the U.S. may take up to 3 business days - if you tender your package on a Thursday, it is likely that it will not deliver until Monday. A signature will be required for your delivery of milk back home. Please sign up for FedEx Delivery Manager to customize your delivery, manage delivery times and add a signature to your account.
- Place all milk from cooler directly into freezer at the same time cooler lid has been opened
- The cooler temperature will start to warm once lid has been opened
- Milk may arrive in various forms of frozen, depending on location in the cooler and time from original destination
- Every person has different fat content in their milk, which itself ranges every hour, every day, so every bag has a different freeze point.
- You may notice milk arrives in various forms of frozen, even almost fully liquid. This does not make the milk unsuitable for feeding to your baby. Some breast milk may even have a grass, or soapy, smell or look to it. This is a natural byproduct of the breast milk composition, and does not mean the milk is unsafe to feed your baby. Breastmilk that is not safe to feed will smell distinctly sour and unpleasant, much like cow’s milk.
- If any bags are almost liquid, they can safely be returned to a freezer if any ice crystals remain in the bag, regardless of size or amount. The bags are not considered thawed unless the entire bag is in a full liquid state.
- If any bags are fully liquid, it is recommended to use them within 24 hours of cooler arrival at destination.
- Insulated sealed panels and cardboard linings need to stay intact for optimal temperature insulation. Keep lid off cooler when storing to keep panels dry, and mold free
- Cooler may be reused (as long as panels and cardboard are still intact) in event of power outage, temporary cold storage or repeat shipments